At the start of 2018, Embley announced a new partnership with Bath Rugby Community Team and the launch of a new Embley Rugby Academy for U11s to U18s. The Rugby Academy provides students with a platform to develop and enhance their rugby skills, working with Embley and Bath Community Rugby coaches on and off the field to bring out the best in everyone.
Pupils have the chance to operate within an Academy structure and participate in a developing player programme, which will provide coaching, conditioning and education to improve performance.
In addition to school’s current rugby programme, the Rugby Academy will include:
- A minimum of 12 x two-hour training sessions each school year with Bath Rugby Community coaches.
- Various position specific sessions/specific skill set sessions throughout the year with Embley and Bath Rugby Community coaches.
- One training session at Bath Rugby’s elite training facility at Farleigh House.
- One match day experience each school year.
- Fitness tests throughout the year, relevant to age groups.
- Personalised strength and conditioning programmes.
- Progress reports with advice, ideas and learning points.