Last week, we welcomed 22 universities including the London School of Economics, Oxford, Cardiff, Glasgow and Southampton universities to our annual Higher Education Conference. The day, aimed at Year 11 and 12 students who are making decisions about whether university is for them, was attended by over 150 students from Embley as well as Romsey and Mountbatten schools.
The event provided a unique chance for students to have time to interact directly with university staff and take part in a series of university-led workshops where they asked a range of questions about specific course requirements and opportunities.
The workshops included talks on:
- Which course to apply for?
- Applying to London School of Economics and other competitive universities
- The possibilities and benefits of placement years within a degree
- Acoustical and other engineering disciplines
- Applying to medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine
- Advice on creative course
- Degree apprenticeships